Our Staff Members
Greg McInnes - Principal
Greg McInnes was admitted to practice in 1975 and has continually held his full Practising Certificate
since that time. Greg has deep expertise in property, finance, telecommunications, corporate and
commercial law, and direct entrepreneurial experience in the telecommunications and hospitality industries.
Greg's key attribute is the ability to understand complex legal and commercial problems, and to
successfully implement creative solutions to those problems.
Greg has broad legal experience across every area of the Bromhead Legal practice. He is the author of
a number of professional papers, including an article published in a recent NSW Law Society Journal
on the topic of NSW Stamp Duty.
Throughout his legal career, Greg has acted for some of Australia's largest telecommunications carriers
including Vodafone, Hutchison ("Orange" CDMA mobile) and NextGen, as well as a wide range of corporates
(both in Australia and overseas).
- 2009 - present - continuing private legal consulting practice, plus business part owner and
entrepreneur, Ad Lib Bistros (1 "Hat") and Berowra Waters Inn (2 "Hats") (SMH "Good Food Guide").
- Mcinnes Attorneys - 2003 - 2009
- Advised Calliva Group Ltd and subsidiaries - funded mainly through RBS (who withdrew
from market in 2008) - from start-up - complex mortgage product lending to superannuation
funds; documenting all aspects. Advised on all matters, from wholesale funding, to retail
mortgage, to procedures, to commercial disputes;
- National Autoglass Group - wide brief, significantly the Lo v Nielsen and Moller
litigation (8 reported cases, new law around rights of Special Purpose Liquidators);
- Advised on a complex intellectual property and patent dispute involving mining
operations in Australia and Canada, plus coordinating licensing of US rights;
- McInnes Pynt (and antecedent firms) - 1993 to 2003 - Principal and Partner
- Acted for Vodafone from shortly after start up - sole external lawyers in site
establishment; also advised on Trade Practices submissions, corporate, I-P documentation
(Keycorp SIM card technology transfer, ASIO Interception Agreements, numerous software licence
and access agreements), sales and marketing clearances. Designed processes for high volume
document processing and reporting; Pioneering advices in development of Telco laws - drafted
Vodafone submissions, many adopted, for drafting of Schedule 3 Telco Act (1995 - 2003).
- Established, and then sold, Aerofone - voted best new Telco start-up (1995 - 1996);
- Macquarie Bank Ltd (e-Division) - advising in Australia and US (submission
to FCC) on Spectrum trading in Australia and US (February 2001 - 11 September 2001)
- (Working effectively in-house), acted for Hutchison - Orange (created a dedicated team of
5 people) to document site-establishment for Orange CDMA roll-out (120 sites) (October 2001
- July 2002);
- Acted for NextGen in fixed line roll out, handling site establishment, plus documented
commercialisation to product for release to retail outlets; interconnect agreements, etc.
(September 2003 - January 2003).
- Established membership of international legal association (AVRIO).
- Lectured, conceived and designed Sydney University Masters Program in
Telecommunications Law - 2001 and 2002;
- G A McInnes and Associates - 1987 to 1993 - Principal
- Acted for Orco Mortgage Fund (a Dutch mortgage fund introducing $220+ million of
low rate fixed interest new mortgage funds to Australian market);
- Acted on various Amro Bank, and subsidiary, funding transactions;
- Acted for Bovis Homes in various property acquisition and new homes sale and purchase
- Worked with Bouillioun Aviation Services and Fay-Richwhite Australia, establishing
aircraft leasing operations in Australia, obtaining various tax clearances and negotiating
structured funding arrangements; Bankers Trust Australia Ltd (acting for Australian Equity
party) in documentation of single funding of Qantas B747 Longreach aircraft.
- Turton and McInnes, then Bruce and Stewart Turton McInnes - 1981 to 1987 - Partner
- Merged client bases, then expanded, acting for Citicorp, Beneficial Finance Ltd,
a range of corporates, including McWilliams Wines. As well, this fully merged practice
had a substantial litigation practice, Merged businesses grew to 10 partners and around
- G A McInnes and Associates - 1976 to 1981 - Principal
- Acted for Hooker Homes, Bovis Homes, Alliance Finance, Thorn Electrical Industries,
various other corporates, plus small-medium businesses, professional firms (PTW
Architects) and individuals - practice largely based around property and finance, plus
corporate, tax, Trade Practices and stamp duties. Built business to around 10 staff.
John Vaughan - Consultant
Has over 40 years experience as a lawyer and has lived and worked in Taree and Forster areas
for over 30 years. John is experienced in all areas of law. He started his legal career with a
general practice which included litigation and court work. Since that time he has a developed a
practice that primarily involves wills, probate and estates.
John is one of only 34 accredited specialists in NSW in wills, probate and estates. With John's vast
experience and accredited specialisation, you are guaranteed the best advice and service.
"Elder Law" has always been a particular focus of John's practice. He is keenly interested in and
deals with problems and issues affecting older people. An example is John works to help older people
making arrangements with retirement villages and can help with all the problems and pitfalls involved
with those arrangements. John is able to help people with issues relating to powers of attorney and
enduring guardianships. He can help you with creating those documents. He is also experienced in
appearing before the Guardianship Tribunal on behalf of clients.